Wednesday 24 August 2011

Two Young Chechens on the Island of Utoya, in Norway, Saved the Lives of 23 Teenagers



Two Chechens Movsar Jamaev and Rustam Daudov first met on Wednesday July 19, this year on the island Utøya. They quickly became good friends, and were going to dinner, when the first shots were fired on Friday, July 22 - says on its pages the well-known Norwegian newspaper “Dagbladet”.
With the prior permission of their parents, they told the reporters of this newspaper about the terrible hours spent on the island of Utoya.

"We heard the first shots and saw a group of teenagers standing near an armed man who was shooting them at a point-blank. Three of them were shot in front of us", - said the young Chechens. "From there the two young men ran towards the woods, pulling a group of terrified Norwegian youth, who did not know how to save themselves." 16-year-old Norwegian said he was so frightened that he could not move. "Therefore, Movsar took my arm and dragged me into the forest" - he said. From there Movsar called his father, who gave him instructions, how to behave in a similar situation.

"I have witnessed how people were shot earlier in my country by the Russian occupiers, when I was a kid. After talking with my father, I was able to pull myself together. My dad told me that I must possess myself and that I should think not only about themselves, but also about the other children on the island. He told me that I should tried to save as many as possible. "Attack on the offender should be done properly" said dad"- says Movsar.

"The murderer, dressed in the form of a police officer, shouted to us to come to him. At first I thought to do it, until I realized that he was going to kill us. Soon, he began to shoot the children who came to him, believing that he is a policeman. He did calmly and cooldbloodedly kill defenseless children."- said Movsar. According to his friend, Rustam, they were armed with stones, decided to stop the offender. Rustam states, that both of them with stones in their hands began to move towards Anders Breivik.
"We were maybe a meter away from him and were going to throw stones at him, but he shot one of our friends. Then we threw stones at him and ran to save our lives and the lives of other children who were still alive - said Rustam. Movsar has no doubt that he got the murderer with a stone. He says that after this killer howled and shouted at him "f***ing nigger".

After that, the young men decided to seek and rescue the remaining children. They found a cave in the rock, where they hid terrified children (a total of 23 people), among whom was even an eight-year boy. Movsar says that he carried him on his shoulders for nearly an hour.

Then they stood on duty at the cave entrance hoping to protect children. From there, they saw several young people drowning in the water. "I could not let them drown, and swam to help them. Three times I did it, but I was totelly exhausted due to the cold water. I did not have the strength to save the boy, who was only ten feet from me. He drowned ". - Movsar said.

In the photo: 16 year-old Rustam Daudov and 16 year-old Jamal Movsar

No comments:

Post a Comment